Proposed changes to the Standard Operating Procedures: Cancer Drugs Fund 2015-16
On 15th June 2015, Cancer52 responded to the proposed changes to the Standard Operating Procedures: Cancer Drugs Fund 2015-16.
- we are concerned that the new text in the SOP appears to dilute the potential influence of clinicians outside of the National CDF (NCDF) panel in decision making.
- we are concerned that there will be greater uncertainty for patients as a result of drugs being on the approved list at one time, then off the list at another.
- we believe that the new SOP should now be worked up alongside the Accelerated Access Review (AAR)
- we believe that actual use of drugs rather than the proposed 'potential use' should be the focus for decision making for NHS England (NHSE)
- we welcome the proposals for a single process for challenging decisions of the NCDF panel and that decisions can now also be challenged by patient groups