On 23rd April 2015, Cancer52 responded to the NHS public consultation on Investing in Specialised Services.
In summary Cancer52 believes that there is a lack of clarity and lack of clear measurement of key factors that will drive decisions to invest.
We also believe that NHS England
- needs to become more transparent and open and supported by the broader policy framework and funding for the NHS
- must add in appeal to their processes
- must be aligned to ongoing work
- must move beyond engagement to involvement
- should plan for a review of their approach to investing in specialised services in 2 years
- must also declare interests in future consultations
Read the one pager summary of our submission as well as the full response.